The research of Kuban State University scientists is of much interest in the country and abroad: awards of competent expert committees of international and All-Russian exhibitions and different agreements on cooperation testify to the fact. KubSU is a recognized leader in science. Innovation and research priorities of the University are the following:
- Nanosystem industry;
- Rational nature management:
- Development of eco-analytical technologies,
- Development of chemical technologies,
- Development of biotechnologies;
- IT systems.
The research complex of the University is the biggest in the Krasnodar territory and includes:
- 2 centers of collective use;
- 5 research-and-educational centers;
- Research center for preventing and forecasting of geoecological and technogenic catastrophes (RC PF GTC);
- Astrophysical optical observatory;
- University research park;
- 4 research institutes;
- “Analyt” education-research-production group.